Monday, June 06, 2005

So lately I've been listening to lots of different music and this particular line stuck out to me

"Have you ever felt this way before? 'cause I don't wanna hide here anymore. Take me to place where nothing's wrong and thanks for coming, shut the door...

And now I'm calling out to you, this is a call; this is a call out, 'Cause everytime I fall down, I reach out to you, and I'm losing all control now, and my hazard signs are all out, I'm asking you, to show me what this life is all about.

Show me what this life is all about
Show me what this life is all about"



It all became more real to me this past weekend. A soldier died this weekend. A soldier who didn't have to die. A soldier who was in my company. A solider I worked along side with for many months. A husband, a father, a leader, a solider. A soldier did who didn't have to. A soldier committed suicide... The third suicide in the past 3 months, the 4th death of someone I knew. He was once again the last person you'd suspect... I hate this. "Show me what this life is all about" Times like these I can't seem to find any hope. I just don't know what to do anymore. Show me what this life is all about, just show me, please.

"Here comes the rain again,
Falling from the stars.
Drenched in my pain again,
Becoming who we are.
As my memory rest,
But never forgets what I lost.
Wake me up when September ends"

5 comments:

Jackie R. said...

Oh Matt... we are SO SO sorry to hear that. How horribly HARD. We will pray for you... your company... his family too. Press on friend... Mark & Jackie Reitsma

Simply Me said...

mishi-
i miss you too.
a lot.
i know your life is drastically different now than it was back when we were in high school, but know that i'm still there for you... i can't make life make sense, i wish i could, but i can't. but i'll always be your friend and be here for you if you need anything...

Eve said...

Mish:
I am so sorry. CRAP!!!!
If there were only words that made it all make sense...Isn't that what you are saying...
I pray for that thread of hope, that you see it or feel it laying underneath the layers that somehow keep piling up.
Eve

Barb K said...

Mish,
Sometimes wouldn't it be great to go back to those times when you used to sleep under our staircase while a meeting was going on? I can only tell you that someday we will understand; God will somehow make a way for us to see clearly what we can't right now. Praying for you.
Mrs. K.

isaiah said...

mish, i love your heart and i pray that it would be covered and washed with God's peace. i am so sorry to hear of your friend and his family. you are in my prayers, seriously.