Tuesday, June 21, 2005

nyc

Well I thought I would add some nonsense so everytime I looked at this, I would't see the same depressing post. Anyway, this past weekend was a 3 day holiday for us so I decided to go with my buddy to Jersey. We decided to hit up New York City while we were that. That was a site to see. I got to see Times Square, Grand Central, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the UN building, Empire State Building, and more. The most touching part was when we went to go see ground zero; where the World Trade Center towers used to be. It was surreal. Just walking around, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to have been there and experienced the horrors that happened that. Since we were military, they opened up this little gate for us that had a memorial set up and a slightly better view. IT blew my mind. It's been almost 4 years... It was definately an eye opener and a good experience. Reminded me of what I was doing was not in vain.


one more week today...

3 comments:

Simply Me said...

hey!
i read it before.
jerk.
i look forward to seeing you again mishi.
let's chat :)

Simply Me said...

i understand.
and yeah, thats the same thing i think whe i look at that picture.

Simply Me said...

i have some serious typing problems...
it's not good.